Tell your healthcare professional about all of your medical conditions, including:
- If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant.
- If you are scheduled for surgery as XULANE may increase your risk of blood clots after surgery. You should stop using your XULANE patch at least 4 weeks before and through at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- If you are scheduled for any laboratory tests as certain blood tests may be affected by XULANE.
- If you have experienced yellowing of the skin or eyes caused by pregnancy or related to previous use of hormonal birth control.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. XULANE may decrease the amount of milk you make, and a small amount of hormones from the XULANE patch may pass into your breast milk.
Tell your healthcare professional about all medicines and herbal products that you take, including those for seizures and thyroid replacement therapy, as some of these may require dosing adjustments or may make XULANE less effective. Use another birth control method (such as a condom and spermicide or diaphragm and spermicide) when you take medicines that may make the XULANE patch less effective.
Some medicines and grapefruit juice may increase your level of the hormone ethinyl estradiol if used together with XULANE.